Skip to content
Leopard Information for Use
Putting on the Leopard brace
- Loosen the brace straps, if they are not already loosened. This should have been done when you last took the brace off, so you can normally ignore this step.
- Before wrapping the brace around your body, fasten the vertical Velcro hook strip of the left strapping to the left side of the front panel.
- Position the brace so the back of the brace is centered and in its most comfortable position.
- Fasten the right side of the strapping by holding the front panel in your left hand and the vertical strip of the right strapping in your right hand. You may mirror these instructions left to right.
- Tighten the straps, by bringing the opposing straps together simultaneously. Pull the bottom pair snug but not tight, then do the same to the top pair. Now cinch the bottom pair tight, then cinch the top pair tight.
- If your Leopard brace has a STEP (Sternal Thoracic Extension Plate) with shoulder straps, you can either put the brace on like a shirt, slipping your arms through the straps, or you can loosen one of the straps to remove the Leopard brace, then re-tighten that strap after putting it back on.
Taking the Leopard brace off
- Loosen the straps in the front of the brace, placing the Velcro hook onto the vertical strips of the right and left strapping.
- Unfasten the right side of the strapping by holding the front panel in your left hand and the vertical strip of the right strapping in your right hand and pulling it loose. You may mirror these instructions left to right.
Tips on wearing your Leopard Brace
- Wear a cotton t-shirt under the brace. It’s easier to wash a cotton shirt than a Leopard brace.
- After taking off the brace, leave all Velcro hook covered so it can’t damage fabrics.
- If you find it difficult to don the Leopard brace as instructed above, you might try laying the brace flat on the bed, then lying down on it. This will make it easier to tighten.
- If you experience pain or swelling upon wearing this brace, contact your doctor immediately
Cleaning your Leopard Brace
- Remove the plastic plates from their pockets.
- Hand wash the fabric laminate with mild soap, rinse with cool water & dry flat between towels.
- When replacing the plastic plates, the engraved text will indicate top and outside orientations.
- Blue Diamond Orthopedic warranties spinal braces for one year from the date of sale.